YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED
Although we have moved forward with our plans to bring Shawn to the show to speak and to meet with you that does not mean our expenses are totally covered. We need your support to be able to work on your behalf. We have not yet met our goal of raising $2000. We are short by $1700. Please consider making a one-time donation by November 8th 2012.
CLICK HERE to donate today.
NHPPA PREPARES FOR TORONTO’S WHOLE LIFE EXPO
As we write this email to you we are preparing for our booth at the Whole Life Expo which is around the corner now, on the weekend of November 9-11 2012, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. As always, our goal at the NHPPA is to keep you, our supporters, up-to-date on the issues impacting Natural Health Products (NHPs).
Starting this week we are getting ready for the show by:
- Printing all our educational material so we are fully stocked with flyers, information kits and a number of new published articles relevant for both consumers and industry stakeholders;
- Making all the arrangements for Shawn to come to the show and support him in preparing his lecture;
- Scheduling meetings for Shawn Buckley with industry leaders so they can share ideas about how to move forward through the challenges facing the industry;
- Organizing our volunteers working the NHPPA booth;
- Preparing professional media correspondence to attract the appropriate print and television journalists to give Shawn the opportunity to reach the widest audience possible.
CLICK HERE for the full scope of what we’d like to do, but we need your support to do it!
SHAWN’S NEW LECTURE FOR THE EXPO
CANADA’S NEW FOOD SAFETY LAWS. KNOW WHAT DANGERS CAN NOW BE IN YOUR FOOD, LEGALLY.
with Shawn Buckley
Mr. Buckley will outline the shocking changes now in effect with the passing of Bill C-38. Known as the Omnibus Bill, it contained changes to 70 laws in one massive document passed by Parliament this summer. Learn about what safeguards have been erased and how you will no longer be able to tell if your food is safe. To this day MPs still do not know its unpredictable ramifications, let alone the general public. Knowing why food safety is no longer a guarantee in Canada can help you make better choices to protect yourself. Shawn Buckley is a constitutional and criminal lawyer; president of the Natural Health Products Protection Association (www.nhppa.org) and an expert in the Foods & Drugs Act. The NHPPA’s Legal Challenge, Charter of Health Freedom and UPLAR will also be discussed.
The producers of the Whole Life Expo understand the importance of the work Shawn and the NHPPA are doing to help ensure the vitality and scope of the NHP industry.
Shawn has now been scheduled to speak from 4:30 PM to 5:15 PM on Sunday, in Lecture Hall 206.
We look forward to seeing you at the show!