The Natural Health Products Protection Association (NHPPA) is a non-profit activist organization with a mission to protect the alternative healthcare industry’s access to natural health products (NHPs), practitioners’ ability to practice, and freedom of choice for all Canadians.
NHPPA’s new initiative and is seeking a powerful and passionate team member to strengthen our efforts. Could it be you? NHPPA’s plan to launch a monthly subscription-based community is realized in form and function but to make the project move we need an industry savvy, NHP informed, multitasking show producer. Our team is remote, collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic, results-driven with a positive culture compelled by both critical analysis and intuition! If you are passionate about protecting freedom of choice in healthcare and have the skills listed in the position description, please reach out!
The community includes a minimum of three monthly LIVE calls with Shawn Buckley. That is, three monthly long-form discussions either focused on one subject, allowing it to become full; or are a mosaic, where many topics are explored. We will feature local heroes and high-profile guests including academic and activist leaders. All guests are compelling with a passion to educate and inform. We will cover medicine, media, law, rights, philosophy, politics, science, ethics, and what’s right and what’s not in a world where values are influenced and our reality is manufactured. We have all of the contacts; the creative; the process; we just need someone to work it!
NHPPA’s primary work is in natural health products and practices. We will discuss Health Canada and its cost recovery, restrictive NHP Regulations, and unnecessary bureaucracy masquerading as “public safety initiatives”. Guests are invited to share their views and experiences regarding health law, protecting people’s right to make individual health decisions, and to access the things that they need and reject the things that they don’t.
We exchange ideas to get closer to the truth.
Our goal is to illuminate sources of hope in the context of our increasingly indifferent and isolated world.
NHPPA works within in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic, results-driven and positive culture, compelled by both critical analysis and intuition! If you are passionate about protecting freedom of choice in healthcare and have the skills listed below, please reach out!
Job Posting Date: April 28, 2023
Apply by: June 9, 2023
Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found
To Apply: Please send your note of interest and resume, to Julia Rickert, National Campaign Director and Executive Coordinator, at email@example.com
Term, Hours and Location:
- 10 hours per week, growing to 15
- Working remotely—collaborating with the working team, advisors, industry stakeholders, funders and media via Email/Phone/Zoom
- Working directly with the National Campaign Director and the NHPPA creative/action team
- Commensurate upon experience
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Experience, Degree or Diploma in Digital Marketing, Communication or a related field
- 2-3 years proven working experience in digital media management, preferably within an activist organization
- A strong familiarity with NHPPA’s position on health freedom, the NHP regulations, the NHP industry, and natural health professions
- Must demonstrate commitment to, and passion for, health freedom, natural health products and practices
- Have significant experience producing written copy and designing digital images for campaigns and an ability to engage various audiences and purposes such as official communications, grassroots organizing, and online advocacy
- Be proficient with Zoom, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Canva, and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with email marketing automation platforms such as Mailchimp, MailPoet, and/or ConvertKit
- A working knowledge of WordPress (visual) or HTML is an asset, but not required
- Excellent written communication skills including proofreading, copy editing
- Experience producing web video, live feeds, and other multimedia a plus
- Strong ability to render and communicate ideas, a flexibility of vision, responsiveness to creative input, and great visual sensibilities
- A solid understanding of social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook and Instagram
- A solid understanding of alternative social media platforms including, but not limited to, Mighty Networks and Rumble
- A proven ability to manage and complete multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment
Working in close collaboration with our National Campaign Director, President, Assistant Campaign Coordinator and Show Editor, the main tasks involved in this position include:
- Assist in producing a new video-based, long-form conversational show
- Manage guest outreach
- Compile pre-show research
- Complete pre-show briefing with show host
- Copy writing with Show Editor
- Supporting the development of mid-roll advertisements
- Manage Zoom functionality during the live shows
- Build and execute show content and strategy through competitive research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Draft and post materials related to show content on our social media pages and/or through email campaigns
- Ensure consistent use of organizational brand and messaging across all public communications
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions with other members of the NHPPA core team
- See each project through to completion within a set timeframe
- It does not matter what platform you are working on as long as you have the expertise to communicate in a digital space. This is super critical to the optics of our brand. As with every position in our organization, the Assistant Show Producer needs to meet both the requirements to make things look great but also clearly make the message of utmost importance.