PROTECTING HEALTH FREEDOM
The Natural Health Products Protection Association incorporated in 2008 with the goals of:
- Protecting access to natural health products;
- Promoting the dissemination of truthful information concerning natural health products, and
- Protecting the right of Canadians to make Health Decisions of their choice.
SINCE 2008 THE NHPPA HAS TAKEN THE LEAD IN PROTECTING NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCTS
The NHPPA has always been led by Constitutional Lawyer Shawn Buckley. Mr. Buckley is an expert in the regulation of natural health products. He has been called as an expert witness on drug regulation and constitutional issues in the House of Commons and the Senate. He has defended more NHP companies in Court than all other Canadian Lawyers combined.
With Mr. Buckley’s lead, the NHPPA has published truthful and accurate information about the law and the challenges we face. The NHPPA has a shockingly accurate record of predicting the next Health Canada steps. The Self-Care Framework predictions are no exception. Read the NHPPA’s 2017 Discussion Papers on the Self-Care Framework and discover that all of the Health Canada actions we are currently experiencing were explained in detail in 2017.
THE NHPPA HAS LED THE WAY IN FORCING GOVERNMENTS TO BACK DOWN WITH THREATS TO NHPs
The NHPPA has led all major campaigns against threats to NHPs since 2008. Our first campaign was to stop Bill C-51 in 2008. Other trade organizations did not believe it could be stopped and campaigned to “amend” Bill C-51. The NHPPA led the movement to stop Bill C-51 and it was stopped.
The NHPPA has been at the forefront of creating public pressure against every threat to NHPs since 2008 because of the credibility we have created due to our legal expertise and because of our expertise in political campaigns.
The NHPPA is not against reasonable GMPs and practices to ensure the highest quality NHPs. The NHPPA is against the recent (2004) imposition of the chemical drug model on NHPs. Under the chemical drug model, all NHPs are deemed to be unsafe and illegal. None can be sold without getting Health Canada’s permission in the form of a licence. Accepting the imposition of this drug model on NHPs has led to ever-stricter regulation and now is leading to regulations that will remove almost all of the effective NHPs from consumers. We need the food-based model the U.S. has where NHPs are:
- Classed as foods;
- Deemed by law to be safe, and
- Which cannot be removed from the market by the government without evidence the product is a risk.
The NHPPA’s current regulatory goals are:
- To stop regulating NHPs as drugs. Rather, as in the U.S. they should be classed as foods, deemed by law to be safe. The government should not be allowed to remove an NHP unless the government has specific evidence of harm;
- To have the Charter of Health Freedom passed into law (see charterofhealthfreedom.org);
- To stop the Self-Care Framework;
- To stop censorship of truthful health information.
JOIN THE WINNING TEAM
Join the winning team that:
- Understands what is going on and shares the truth with the NHP Community;
- Is not compromising on the end goals. We are not accepting that the Bill C-47 powers cannot be rolled back. We are not accepting cost-recovery in any form. We are not accepting a drug model that is designed to restrict access to NHPs that Canadians depend on;
- Will get the job done. We are in Health Canada’s end game. We are going to win this one.