TELL YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES WHAT YOU EXPECT OF THEM
MPs still need help getting to the bottom of a complicated issue.
The only information they have ‘official’ access to has been written by Health Canada. That means they are only getting half of the story.
Capitalizing on the strength of our national campaigns to cross every MP’s desk with, first the election package, then the Charter of Health Freedom itself, we need to let every MP know just how many people in their constituency care about health freedom…and that this issue won’t go away unless or until they engage with it.
We need to have their Parliamentary offices filled with the right information, information that enables them to see through Health Canada’s spin.
HERE ARE 6 SPECIFIC STEPS TO TAKE EVERY TIME YOU ARE ALERTED TO NEW PRINT MATERIAL.
1. Download and print your chosen information from the links under the Tools section, just below. Where an article or letter is double-sided, you may have to experiment a little with your printer to work out the right way to reinsert your paper to print the second side.
2. Download the pre-addressed ‘MP Wrapper’ from the information section you have chosen. Once folded, this wrapper will act as both covering letter and envelope for you.
3. Read the information carefully. It’s a good idea to use a highlighter to mark the sections that resonate particularly with your views.
4. Add a few personal, handwritten comments in the space provided on your outer wrapper. You may want to explain why you have highlighted a section of the enclosed, or add your own experience with the loss of NHPs. This adds power to your communication, what you say and how you say it is unique to you. The information you are sending is persuasive but your words…your personal voice…your experience as a constituent can make all the difference.
5. Fill in the rest of your wrapper: Add the name of the recipient, on both sides, where shown. Select either your Member of Parliament, a Senate Member from your province, the Health Minister and/or Prime Minister. Check the boxes which indicate what you have enclosed. Sign and date the letter where shown.
6. Fold your package into thirds, so that the address portion is outermost and seal with a spot of sticky tape or a small sticky label and mail it. You will see that no postage is required!
Start sending these packages today!
Commit to updating your MP regularly, why not send him a new piece of information once a month?
Make sure your MP continues to learn about the problem and the solution.
Everything you do will make a difference. You know how only one person can make or break your day? Today, you are that one person, you are a citizen and a constituent. You are entitled to be heard. Make your MP’s day.
Did you know that a single hand-written letter to your MP counts as a message from a hundred voices? Parliament has a rule-of-thumb that if 1 person takes the trouble to write a letter, it counts for many more people who feel the same way but do not take the time. When you send a letter, you KNOW that you are speaking for many others, and so does your MP.
Our toolkit includes some ready-written letters in both English and French, which date from our 2010 campaigns. We have learned over time that MPs and Senators feel able to ignore mass-produced letters, assuming them to be computer generated. This is why we have moved to enabling you to choose individual packs of information, no two packages will be quite the same. However, the letters remain on our website for your reference. They form a great basis for your to use to devise your own communications. You can even copy and paste the contents into a Word document or email to edit with your own thoughts!
YOUR TOOLS ARE HERE:
CLICK HERE TO FIND A SENATOR IN YOUR PROVINCE
or one that you recognize from our past campaigns.
WHY NOT DOUBLE UP ON YOUR POWER WITH AN EMAIL?
EMAIL A REMINDER TO WATCH FOR, AND RESPOND TO, YOUR PACKAGE.
1. Once you have found your MP’s email address from the Tools link above, prepare an email that lists the contents of your package, make the subject line relevant to what you have sent. Note! Don’t send articles as an attachments.
2. Add a personal message for your MP to look for this information in the mail and that you are expecting a considered reply. You might want to bold or underline an idea that is important to you and refer to it in your introduction.
3. Address the email to your MP and of course, sign it off with your name, and your riding.
4. Repeat once a month on a designated letter/email writing day. You may like to change the subject line to reflect the number of times the email has been sent before it receives an answer.
Keep emailing for as long as it takes your MP not only to understand the crisis itself but to realize that avoiding it won’t make it go away.
Did you know that one email from a constituent to an MP counts as a message from 10 people? Parliament recognizes the additional commitment from an individual when a printed and mailed letter arrives but emails are powerful messages when sent repeatedly.
HOW MUCH TIME IS YOUR FREEDOM WORTH TODAY?
We need 30 minutes out of your day. Once a month.
Tell your elected representatives that you are watching. That their evasions and excuses for betraying the democratic process don’t fool you. That they are presiding over the betrayal of the very system that allows them to hold office. Keep repeating, until they can’t ignore it any longer, that handing Canada over to the unfettered rule of bureaucrats, proven to be in thrall to big business, is a crime which should not be forgiven either at the ballot box or in the law courts.