TELL YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES WHAT YOU EXPECT OF THEM
MPs still need help getting to the bottom of a complicated issue.
The only information they have ‘official’ access to has been written by Health Canada. That means they are only getting half of the story.
Capitalizing on the strength of our campaign to cross every MP’s desk with the election package, we need to let every new MP, eager to serve their constituents, know just how many people in their constituency care about health freedom.
We need to have their Parliamentary offices, while in Ottawa, filled with letters.
We have two complementary and critical initiatives for you to join.
One articulating the problem and the other introducing the solution.
By acting locally, you are making a change federally.
HERE ARE THE 6 SPECIFIC STEPS TO TAKE TODAY.
1. Download 1 (or all) of the letters from the links under the Tools section, just below.
2. Print your chosen letter(s). Each letter has two sides, you may have to experiment a little with your printer to work out the right way to reinsert your paper to print the second side.
3. Read the letter carefully. If you like, use a highlighter to mark the sections that resonate particularly with your views.
4. Add a few personal, handwritten comments on the reverse of the letter in the space provided. You may want to explain why you have highlighted a section in the letter, or add your own experience with the loss of NHPs. It is most effective if you can do this, what you say and how you say it is unique to you. Know that the facts in our letters are persuasive but your words…your personal voice…your experience as a constituent can make all the difference.
5. Add the name of the recipient, on both sides of the letter where shown. Select either your Member of Parliament, a Senate Member from your province, the Health Minister and/or Prime Minister.
6. Sign and date the letter where shown. Fold it into thirds, so that the address portion is outermost and mail it. You will see that no postage is required!
Start sending these letters today!
Make sure your MP continues to learn about the problem and the solution.
Everything you do will make a difference. You know how only one person can make or break your day? Today, you are that one person, you are a citizen and a constituent. You are entitled to be heard. Make your MP’s day.
Did you know that a single hand-written letter to your MP counts as a message from a hundred voices? Parliament has an established rule that if 1 person takes the trouble to write a letter, it counts for many more people who feel the same way but do not take the time. When you send a letter, you KNOW that you are speaking for many others, and so does your MP.
YOUR TOOLS ARE HERE:
CLICK HERE TO FIND A SENATOR IN YOUR PROVINCE
or one that you recognize from our past campaigns.
DOUBLE UP ON YOUR POWER WITH AN EMAIL
EMAIL THE CONTENT FROM THE LETTER YOU HAVE SENT.
Here’s how to make it most effective.
1. Cut and paste the content of the letter you like into the body of an email once you have found your MP’s email address from the Tools link above. We have left the .pdfs open so you can easily take the information from them and add it to an email. Note! Don’t send the letter as an attachment.
2. Add your personal message at the top and make the subject line relevant to what you have written. You might want to bold or underline an idea that is important to you and refer to it in your introduction.
3. Address the email to your MP and of course, sign it off with your name, and your riding.
4. Repeat once a month on a designated letter/email writing day. You may like to change the subject line to reflect the number of times the email has been sent before it receives an answer.
Keep emailing for as long as it takes your MP not only to understand the crisis itself but to realize that avoiding it won’t make it go away.
Did you know that one email from a constituent to an MP counts as a message from 10 people? Parliament recognizes the additional commitment from an individual when a printed and mailed letter arrives but emails are powerful messages when sent repeatedly.
HOW MUCH TIME IS YOUR FREEDOM WORTH TODAY?
We need 30 minutes out of your day. Once a month.
Tell your elected representatives that you are watching. That their evasions and excuses for betraying the democratic process don’t fool you. That they are presiding over the betrayal of the very system that allows them to hold office. Keep repeating, until they can’t ignore it any longer, that handing Canada over to the unfettered rule of bureaucrats, proven to be in thrall to big business, is a crime which should not be forgiven either at the ballot box or in the law courts.