The download above is your first 308 Freedom Network package.
This report details the situation facing Canadians due to the 2004 NHP Regulations. It contains facts, figures and information that your MP must know, to continue making this an election issue.
We have time left in this election campaign, now that all the other issues have been aired.
It’s time for the natural health community to emerge, strong and fast, as the voice to swing this election.
If you have been in any doubt as to the seriousness of the crisis we face, or have been at all hazy on the details, read this package. It provides some history, then makes the case for the suspension of the 2004 NHP Regulations. It proposes solutions. The facts are presented and discussed both in summary and in detail. The report may appear long, but it is organized to be easily read and understood.
Thank you to everyone who has been using the election and the support material from our website to bring the issue of the NHP Regulations to the attention of your MPs and local candidates. You know, as we do, that this is the time to speak because it is one of the few times when they will really listen. We have been receiving your reports of meetings and conversations. We have been delighted to assist those of you looking for specific advice when you’ve emailed us personally. Many of you have been successful in securing meetings with MPs who only have Health Canada’s written materials to guide their thinking and have asked you for more information.
USING THE MP PACKAGE
We have discovered during previous campaigns that MPs are more resistant to some approaches than others, and that there are some types of contact that they are more likely to respond to. If we are to make the actions of Health Canada an election issue, this package must physically cross your MP’s desk as many times as possible during the election campaign. It must also be presented and followed up in a way that makes it impossible to be ignored. Every subscriber in your riding is receiving the package. We need every NHPPA member in your riding to utilize this package to its maximum potential.
SUSTAIN THIS ACTION STARTING TODAY. HERE’S WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Download and print out a hard copy of the report
- Read it carefully
- As you read, use a highlighter to mark any sections or phrases which resonate particularly with you, your experience or your interests
- To this copy add a hand-written, signed note from yourself, telling your MP that the report contains vital information about an election issue that matters to you.
- Ask your MP to read it, paying specific attention to the sections you have marked. Let your MP know that you will be calling or emailing to discuss the report in a few days
- Put the stapled report and your letter into an envelope and mail/bus/cab/drive it to your MP’s constituency office
- Tell whoever receives it that you will be calling to talk it over with your MP shortly
- A day or two later, telephone to ask your MP if the report has been read
- If you receive no reply or a negative response, follow your call up via email/phone call/fax demanding that your MP respond to the information you have delivered
- Follow up via email/phone call/fax every other day
- If necessary, take/send/deliver a second copy. Email a copy to your MP as well!
- Keep the pressure up until you have the conversation or until the election, whichever comes sooner
MAKE THIS A REAL ELECTION ISSUE BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE
We need to flood every candidate’s office with the facts, in a form they can’t ignore. If every copy of this report has been annotated differently by every voter in the 308 Freedom Network riding, no-one can accuse you and your fellow activists of being computer generated numbers.
TIME TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE: IT STARTS HERE!
When you subscribed to the 308 Freedom Network you became part of the vanguard to take full advantage of this election and your MP’s vulnerability.
As you help us to take the initiative, you are a vital part of the movement to change the future.
Please forward this message to anyone you know who wants to make a change.