As we embrace the holiday season, we want to extend our warmest wishes to you and your loved ones. The remarkable progress we’ve witnessed since our campaigning launched in June is a testament to your hard work!
NHPPA’s 2023 highlight reel includes:
- We produced a discussion paper, hosted a live legal review and held industry Zoom calls to educate the nation about the risks facing natural health products.
- Our national MP letter and postcard campaigns educated MPs and garnered mainstream media attention.
- Our campaigns spurred two vital meetings held by the Standing Committee on Health in Ottawa.
- The Official Opposition incorporated the protection of natural health products into their party platform.
- A Private Member’s Bill to repeal sections 500-504 of Bill C-47 was drafted by Shawn Buckley and introduced by MP Blaine Calkins in the House of Commons.
- We launched an e-petition in support of our Private Member’s Bill (now called Bill C-368) and collected over 6,000 signatures in the first two weeks.
- Our community gathered 15,000+ new paper petition signatures in support of enacting the Charter of Health Freedom.
Thank you for being part of our community. Your active participation made these achievements possible!
We are so excited for what lies ahead in the coming year!